Getting Here – Doolin, Ireland
All the Numbers You Need
For your convenience, here is a list of the local airports, plus some taxi, hackney and bus operators who can cater for pick up and drop off services for taxis to and from Doolin to Shannon Airport, Galway, Ennis as well as shorter trips such as taxis to and from the Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Aran Island Ferries, Doolin Cave and Lisdoonvarna.
Directions from the Airports:
(Allow 3.5 hours driving)
- Leave Dublin Airport in the direction of the M1 (Signposted Dublin)
- Exit the M1 at junction 1 and exit onto the M50 (Southbound)
- Exit the M50 at junction 7 and take the Exit for the M4 (Sligo, Westport, Galway)
- At auction 11, exit the M4 onto the M6 to Galway
- At junction 20 Kilcolgan, exit onto the N18
- As you approach the Kilcolgan Village, take the first left N67 for Ballyvaughan.
- Follow the Wild Atlantic Way signs, turning right at Ballyvaughan to take the coast road. (The more scenic route around Blackhead.)
- 15 miles (25km) later, follow the Wild Atlantic Way signs – passing Doolin Cave and driving down into Doolin village. Doolin Hostel is in the second part of the village nearer the sea – about 1 mile (1.5km) from the local church which you pass as you come into Doolin.
- Doolin Hostel will be on your right, overlooking Fisher Street – about 200 meters before O’Connors Pub
- Leave the airport on the N19 in the direction of Galway and Ennis – then exit onto M18 (Galway)At junction 12 exit M18 towards Ennistymon on the N85
- This is a ring road around the town of Ennis with a number of roundabouts. Keep following the signs for N85 Ennistymon
- Drive straight through the town of Ennistymon (the N85 turns into the N67) in the direction of Lisdoonvarna
- After about 6 miles (9km), turn left on the R478 – the 4th intersection – and travel in the direction of Doolin /Cliffs of Moher
- In approximately 2.5miles (4km), you will come to an intersection with the Aran View Filing Station. Turn right to travel down the hill
- At the bottom of the hill, you will be in Doolin. Turn left at the intersection (Fisher Street / Doolin Pier)
- Carry on for 400m and you’ll see Doolin Hostel on your right – 200 meters before O’Connors Pub.
Doolin Taxi and Mini Bus Services:
Large Bus Hire:
Burren Coaches : Brian Farrell T: +353 65 707 8009 (a variety of buses up to 54 seater)
Public Transport and The Green Bus
Bus Eireann Doolin Bus Service
Doolin Hostel is the main bus stop, and we are the ticket office for all Bus Eireann Buses, servicing the 350 route from Ennis via the Cliffs of Moher to Doolin Hostel. The bus then travels up the coast along the Burren via Ballyvaughan, finishing in Galway city where you can get connecting buses to Dublin and Dublin Airport.
If going south to Killarney, Tralee, or Kerry you should bus to Ennis then Limerick and on to Killarney.
If going to Cork, you change at Ennis for the Galway Cork Bus (Route 51) – which also stops at Shannon Airport. The quickest way from Shannon Airport is via Ennis.
Bus Eireann Route 350
Galway-Kinvarra-Doolin-Cliffs of Moher-Ennis
Stops at Galway, Dublin Rd, Oranmore, Clarenbridge, Kilcolgan, Ballinderreen, Kinvara, New Quay, Bellharbour, Ballyvaughan, Blackhead Lighthouse, Munough Bridge, Fanore Cross, Ballinalacken Castle, Lisdoonvarna, Doolin, Cliffs of Moher, Liscannor, Lahinch, Ennistymon, Corofin Cross, Inagh, O Neills Cross, Fountain Cross, Ennis
Electric Car Charging
The nearest charging point for electric cars is at Hotel Doolin car park which is 300 meters from Doolin Hostel. If you decide to travel around North Clare you will find multiple locations, including:
Ballyvaughan – Gregans Castle Hotel T: +353 65 7077005 – GPS: N 53 04.608, pharmacy W 9 11.057
Doolin – Doolin Caravan and Camping Park +353 65 7074458 – GPS: N 53 00.974, W 9 24.093
Doolin – Hotel Doolin +353 65 7074111 – GPS: N 53 00.980, W 9 22.591
Doolin – Seaview House +353 87 2679617 – GPS: N 53 00.736, W 9 23.090
Doolin – Stonecutters Kitchen, Cliffs of Moher Road +353 87 283 7118 – GPS: N 52 59.552, W 9 24.144
Kilfenora – Boghill Centre +353 65 7074644 – GPS: N 53 00.962, W 9 15.163
Kilshanny – Kilshanny House +353 65 7071660 – GPS: N 52 58.909, W 9 17.895
Lahinch – Car park off Miltown Malbay Road – GPS: N 52 55.772, W 9 20.778
Lisdoonvarna – Hydro Hotel +353 65 7074005 – GPS: N 53 01.600, W 9 17.424