About Doolin Hostel
If you would like to know a bit about us and what Doolin Hostel is, we are located in the centre of Doolin, overlooking the village and out to sea. Situated at the main bus stop and the start of the Cliffs of Moher Coastal Hiking Trail. Doolin Hostel is the closest access for Doolin ferries to the Aran Islands, O’Connor’s Pub, located in the Burren and the ideal base for:
- Individual travelers and small groups of all ages who wish to explore our beautiful corner of the world.
- Families with kids who love to get out and enjoy the many great activities locally.
- Academic Groups, Scouts, Hiking Clubs who come to discover the unique Geology, Flora and Fauna
- Corporate Groups looking to get out of the office and do some team bonding activities and experiences together.
Doolin Hostel is one of the longest established hostels in Ireland and a hostel of many firsts. In 2017, we embarked on our mission to set the standard higher, adding our own unique style of service and amenities.
Best Quality Budget Accommodation in Doolin
We believe in a good nights sleep, a hot shower in the morning and a good breakfast to set you up for your day of endless activities and adventure that awaits you in Doolin, Co. Clare. You can go Horse Riding, Surfing, Hiking, Sea Kayaking, Biking, Rock Climbing to name but a few Doolin Activities.
Doolin Hostel has continually evolved with reinvestment and service improvements over the last number of years and is now a 42-bed hostel with twin, triple, 4 bed private and 12-bed dormitory rooms.
- Hostel Rooms have Sleeptite Leo Bunks with individual lockers, LED light, USB port and electric Socket in our Dormitories
- All linens and towels are provided
- Healthy Continental Breakfast Buffet is available to all guests
- Pressurized hot showers in our ensuite dorm rooms 24 hours a day
- Full self-service kitchen and dining room
- Living room with stove fire, computer station with printer, book exchange, Smart TV and board games
- Drying room for outdoor gear and equipment
- Free Parking and Free Wifi
- Meal Catering for small/large Groups staying in the hostel
- Private Venue Hire for Groups & Events
- Our sister property, Doolin Inn, is located directly opposite Doolin Hostel and has a full-service coffee shop, small retail outlet and a tourist information point open from 8am-9pm and is also the local Bus Ticket Office
About Your Hosts
Doolin Hostel is owned and operated by Anthony and Deirdre Moloney, who returned home to take over the family business (formerly Paddy’s Doolin Hostel) in 2012 from Anthony’s parents. Upon taking it over, renovations commenced and the hostel received a complete makeover, shaping it into the award-winning quality Doolin Hostel.
Anthony, Deirdre and their team are professionals who have both expertise and experience in the hospitality industry, from top of the range hotels to the world of hostel holidays. Using this experience they have put their own stamp on what they believe a top quality budget accommodation should be.
“Focusing daily on delivering a quality experience based on service and getting the little things consistently right. All our decisions are based on an environmentally conscious and responsible business ethos with value for money at its core.”
Anthony is a graduate of the Shannon College of International Hotel Management, beginning his career in hospitality at Clontarf Castle. Over the years, Anthony worked at many Four Seasons Hotels in Washington DC, Toronto and Hawaii – before returning to Ireland as General Manager of the Garryvoe Hotel. He took over the reins of Doolin Hostel from his parents– who opened the very first ‘bed and breakfast’ in Doolin, some fifty years ago.
Deirdre has notched up vast experience working with Jury’s Hotels, Clontarf Castle and Ritz Carlton. She has also experience within the up-market retail sector, and accountancy – ensuring you enjoy a relaxed country home experience with important finishing touches and a warm welcome.
Doolin Hostel’s small and friendly team is always available, and they bring the benefit of their local knowledge, youth and energy to the guest experience at Doolin Hostel.