We love to cater for Families. Why?
Because we have two young girls ourselves (6 & 9) and have designed our hostel around what we look for when we go away with our kids. Family life is a busy life keeping young ones entertained, energy highs and lows, snack times to drying out wellies from muddy puddles. Its the simple convenience and keeping unnecessary costs down, along with a clean comfortable, safe and cosy place to stay that come to the top of our agenda. We deliver this by:
- One bedroom that can cater for families with 2 adults and up to 4 kids (an additional cot or pull out bed is cable in some rooms). Most hotels would require two rooms, this is a saving of over 50%
- A comfortable Double bed for adults and a combination of single and bunk beds for kids, private bathroom, linen, towels, free WIFI giving all you need for your own private space.
- A healthy continental breakfast buffet, with freshly brewed Coffee, poached fruits with natural yogurt and seeds for the parents to a variety of cereals, fresh fruit and juices for the kids.
- From our cafe menu add some treats such as baked ham and cheese croissants, a plate of sausages or a breakfast bagel, to a Flat white, Hot Chocolate or Cappuccino.
- Our kitchen open from 7.45am -9pm to prepare a quick snack, make packed lunches or a home cooked dinner. It has a large fridge to store any food you might bring and a full selection of pots, pans and kitchen utensils, as well as complimentary tea and coffee.
- Relax in the evening by the stove fire, playing snacks and ladders and snap, enjoying a slice of pizza and a glass of Irish Craft Beer, while the kids swirl marshmallows into their creamy hot chocolates from our coffee shop.
- Ample car parking, storage for bicycles and a drying room for wet clothes. (the nearest drop in laundry service is just up the street)
- Outdoor gear wash area, with drying area for wet suits.
- We live onsite ourselves so having a safe and secure home is imp0rtant to us
First time staying in a Hostel:
- Unsure what to expect, we understand as we have many first time hostelers impression or parents who’s image of hosteling is from their younger days. But a lot of hostels are changing and here is an interview from one of our first time hosteling guests, “Jody Haldstad from Irish Family Vacations” who stayed with us in 2014 with her family. A fire side chat with Anthony
- If you are unsure what to bring or what to expect check out our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to some of our most popular questions
“Simply the best!”
Tripadvisor August 2015
“I was a bit dubious about staying in a hostel as a family of four, but this place was superb. Our ensuite family room was super comfortable and clean, as good as any hotel. Everything was thought of, with hanging space for clothes, a spacious bathroom and even the decor was lovely. There was a lovely cafe, a well-stocked kitchen and the breakfasts were great. We didn’t even have to wash up our breakfast dishes – bonus! It was our favourite accommodation along the Wild Atlantic Way, and all within walking distance of the pubs and the sea and the cliffs. They even recycle! Can’t recommend this well-run hostel highly enough. We hope to go back some day.”
What to do with Kids?
- Doolin and the surrounding area is full of fun and interesting things to do with something for all ages, check out our family friendly activities for some ideas, (free and paid) to wet your appetite.
- Walking distance to small beach, suitable hiking trails, restaurants and traditional Irish music pubs, and Chocolate Shop.
- The local pubs very kid friendly, as they still are central meeting place for the local community, where you will get to experience some traditional and lively Irish music every night of the week all year round. Restaurants are kid friendly with the Stone Cutters renowned for their family friendly ethos.
- For older kids and teenagers there is a number of great activity providers who do Sea Kayaking, Horse Riding, Surfing, Bouldering to name but a few activities that will wear them out with the biggest smile on their faces.
- We recommend booking activities prior to arrival and if its raining don’t worry as there are a number of activities that are not weather dependent.
- Our reception is open from 8am to 9pm daily where we are always on hand to help guide you and help plan your daily adventures of which there are many.